Monday, April 17, 2006

With Gratitude



Hi everybody, I'm back :) I can't believe it's been a week today since the surgery, it seems like ages. Everything went very well, and I thank you all again for your positive thoughts and prayers. The cancer was confirmed as being in an early stage, and radiation will not be necessary (yea!) I have a row of gleaming staples running from navel to groin, but everything is healing as it should. When you have a health issue, it is amazing how your world shrinks to the management of tiny things. Becoming so helpless is very humbling, and I can only be grateful for the excellent care I have received.

My Easter weekend was very quiet as I was newly home from the hospital, but I did have several visitors and received some very nice get well wishes. Jen sent me a lovely postcard in soothing colors and Marlene sent me an exciting little packet of embellishments. I have also received many emails and good wishes, and I am overwhelmed and grateful.

In our living room, which is quiet and centrally located, there is a lovely window bed which is the perfect spot for rest and recovery. It is actually a huge window seat which we have outfitted with an extra long twin mattress and it has served us well over the years as an extra sleeping niche for guests. It is flanked on two sides by ceiling height book cases, and so it makes the perfect reading and napping nook. Proximity to the window gives a lovely view of the sky and the neighbor's lush avocado grove. From that spot I can also see the huge picture window across the front of the house. The trees we planted on the half acre slope in front give privacy and a beautiful green view. Right now we have plum, apple, orange and cherry trees all in fragrent bloom.

I am feeling a little stronger every day, and I am happy and grateful to be home.

22 comments:

Kay said...

Welcome back, Jenny! I'm so glad all went well. I've checked your blog a couple of times wondering about the progress. Sounds like you have an idyllic spot to recover.

jenclair said...

I'm so glad that radiation will not be necessary! It is so good to know that you have the energy to receive your friends and enjoy the view. Welcome home, Jen, and take care of yourself.

Deb R said...

Yay, Jen! Glad you're home and that the news is good. Sending cyberhugs and good thoughts your way.

Cheryl said...

You sound really well. Congratulations on coming thru the surgery & the early detection. Now relax and enjoy the view from that lovely window.

Karoda said...

This is good news to read and I'm happy that you are home and that radiation will not be in the forecast! Now relax, read, handle the small things and love yourself immensely!

Micki said...

Good to have you back. So glad that everything went so well for you and no radiation needed. Rest and take care of yourself.

Gerrie said...

I have been thinking abut you every day and checking in. I thought if you hadn't posted by today, I would e-mail you. So happy everything has gone well and you are on the road to recovery!! Yeah, indeed!!

Deb Geyer said...

So glad to hear all went well and you are on the road to recovery. Take care of yourself!!

Olga Norris said...

It's great that you have such a comfortable and comforting niche from which to take the time to observe beautiful details every day. All the very best wishes for a continuing recovery.

Barbara C said...

Jen, I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend. Be well.

Rian said...

Jenny, I am so glad to hear you are on the other side of the surgery and that radiation will not be necessary. This is such great news! And it sounds like you have a lovely time of year to recuperate. Sometimes watching flowers grow is about all you can do. Blessings.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That is great news Jen, I do hope you continue to rest and recuperate fully. Enjoy those avocado trees!

Frances said...

Jen so pleased everything went well and no radiation is wonderful news, take care, put you first, (hugs)

Deborah Boschert said...

Hooray! I am so happy to hear from you and that all went well. I hope your healing grows along with the blossoms of spring.

Marlene said...

Jen, I'm glad everything went well for you. Take care.

Granny Fran said...

It was so great to check your blog and find that you are doing well and don't have to have radiation. Your window bed sounds like a wonderful place to enjoy spring and to heal.

Debra Dixon said...

I have been thinking of you! Take the time you need to pamper yourself. I am so glad to hear you are doing well and have the relief of knowing you don't have to fool with radiation and that frustration. Hugs!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Great to hear it all went well and you're feeling perky, Jen.

kathy said...

happy to hear you're recuperating well, and in such style. I picture you in a little safe "boat" looking out on your beautiful world. All good energy to get well!

Deb Hardman said...

Sounds wonderful. So glad you're home & can concentrate on healing in a peaceful place. Sending love & healing touches.

gabrielle said...

HI Jen, sorry to be late to respond but what great new. So glad you are doing well and will keep you in my thoughts. Sending you lots of light.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Free ringtones for nokia 3595 and cellular one hawaiian car seat cover Current mortgage rate compare pilates reformer and performer Gothic kitchens http://www.cheapphonecalls5.info Adult toys in hull east yorkshire uk