Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Here is the piece I showed you on Monday. I am adding big bright stitches using the fabulous hand dyed embroidery thread from Art Fabrik. I flipped it upside down and like it better this way.



Here is one I started yesterday, but besides the quilting there will not be a lot more to it. I call it "Waiting for the Purple Moon." I think its kind of retro 70s. Something about that that fabric in the background reminds me of a lava lamp.


And here are the big bright blocks for the kids quilt I will be donating. I bought some great neon bright yellow thread at Superior Threads to use in quilting this, unless of course I hand it off to my longarm friend to do. I will still have it done it yellow thread, but it might not be as bright.

And, of course the red and cheddar pineapple blocks which I showed you Monday. I haven't worked on them again yet, but I will. Do you think I have enough things going at once? Maybe I should start something else.

10 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Lava Lamp?! that's the problem with abstract images--our minds want to make them something concrete.

dee said...

I really like the Purple Moon. That bubbly fabric is very cool. I don't know what it is about the red pineapples though-they just sing to me lalalalallaaaaalove that red. Too many projects????I don't know what you mean...does not compute!

Anonymous said...

Great wip's! Love it all.

Micki said...

You are one busy lady. Purple Moon is great. The red and yellow pineapples are usually not my thing, but this one makes me say, WOW!

Suze said...

I took one of Laura's classes..Saturday - Garden of Eden...And one of Melody's classes too - Thursday's Bodacious Bloomers...I could take all of their classes!! I just love how the bright fabrics turn into incredible creations before your very eyes! Yours looks wonderful!
I like the 'lava lamp' one too...
Though I normally don't care for repro's, I do like how your pineapple blocks are coming together...
Great job!!!

Jane Ann said...

You seem to be bursting with ideas--isn't mania fun? But don't you think it's dull to juggle even numbers of objects? I mean, 5 would just be perfect. Doncha think?

Love how happy it all looks--and I too crave those red pineapple blocks!

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

Delicious pineapple!!!!

DebbyMc said...

Love everything. Laughed at Jane Ann's idea...odd numbers DO always make a better design =-)...The bright piece looks really good with the stitches, and the pPrple Moon piece is so simply wonderful. You are full of so many good ideas! =-)

Rian said...

I LOVE Waiting for Purple Moon. You are really getting into this style! Go Jen!

Shelina said...

These are all so nice. I too like to work on a variety of projects - in different stages, so that I can do what fits my mood at the time. Yours are all so bright and cheerful - I think I would want to try to make them all at the same time too!