Monday, May 21, 2007

Flower Quilts

Here are some of the flower quilts we made in our quilt group. Still on the design wall at home, my quilt is a lot like Barbara's (above) with a green background and bright colors. It looks like everyone liked my idea of staggering the blocks. They do look more lively that way. Doesn't my friend Gayle's quilt look great in her kitchen?


Here, Andine and Carla show their quilts.


We had a fun day of sewing and sharing. Great food, of course. Our project this time was making postcards for soldiers. They will be handed out rather than mailed.
My soldier's quilt is still a work in progress, too, but I have until the end of June to get it mailed. Regardless of my feelings about the war, I think it is important to support the troops.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these flower quilts! What a great project.

Micki said...

All of those flowers, so pretty. The postcards are a wonderful show of support.

Val said...

The flower quilts are so vibrant. What a great idea!

Granny Fran said...

What a great pattern for those flower quilts. The postcards are bright and will cheer some soldiers a lot.

Helen said...

Great flower quilts, very cheery.

Debra Dixon said...

Great flower quilts!

Hedgehog said...

I just love these flowers!

Rose Marie said...

Thanks for sharing ... the quilts are lovely!

Shelina said...

These flower quilts are beautiful. I've been wanting to make a bulls eye quilt, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The postcards look great too.