Thursday, August 28, 2008

A New Quilt Top


Things have been busy here, and in anticipation of the latest family wedding, here is the new "family project" quilt top We have a family tradition to make a Christmas quilt for each newly married couple, and this is the latest one. It takes quite a bit of coordination to get everyone to participate, but it is fun and it makes a very special contribution to the wedding gifts. I am planning the wedding shower for my niece Carrie, to be held on Sept. 14th. I have decided on a brunch menu, complete with mimosas. We will probably get silly and have a lot of fun, something I am counting on. This is the 7th "family project" wedding quilt I have seen to conclusion. Trust me when I say that it would be far easier to do it all myself, but the enthusiasm and camaraderie of the project makes it all worthwhile.

On the "artful" front, there is another quilt I am working on that I will share soon. In recent times, it has put quite a damper on blog sharing to have so may restrictions on what can be shown, but I think this one is not going to be entered in a show so I can feel free to share it.

Recently I spent quite a lot of time going through my art supplies and discarding everything that was no longer useful. I have also resumed my watercolor painting and sketching and I feel great about it. Even if a lot of what I produce is not worthy of sharing, I am enjoying every minute of it.

On a more somber note, my 93 year old FIL Clyde is in the hospital tonight with symptoms of weakness, low blood pressue, and pneumonia. If you are so inclined, remember him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

So good to have you check in and with another beautiful quilt, too.

I need someone to weed out my outdated art supplies. Great idea.

Keeping good thoughts for your FIL.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The quilt top is really pretty. Great fabric selection, and such a great idea to make it a family project. I know what you mean about it being easier to do it yourself, but then it wouldn't be a family project.
I need to be cleaning out my crafts area as well - and getting things organized.
Your FIL is in my thoughts and prayers as well.