Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tri Meme

First, thanks so much to everyone who took the time to comment. It always feels good to know someone out there is reading, and I really appreciate the encouragement

Now, for the meme thing. Ok, I was a little intimidated by 20 things, but I think I can do this one. Saw it on Deb R.'s site and Lisa C.'s.

Three screen names:
Jen, jennyg, and Scrapmaker. I know, startling in their originality.

Three things you like about yourself:
My beautiful mind, my strong spirit, and my low-maintenance naturally curly hair (got to have at least one thing that's superficial.)

Three things you don't like about yourself:
My weight, (a life-long struggle), my general lack of coordination, and my hot flashes.

Three parts of your heritage:
Irish, Scottish, and Cherokee. (It's my understanding that nearly everyone born in Kentucky has some Cherokee. For me it was my great-grandmother.)

Three things that scare me:
Being old and alone because I am the last one left alive out of all my friends and family, snakes, and being trapped in a small space.

Three of my every day essentials:
coffee, reading, people I love

Three things I am wearing right now:
A black v-neck tunic with 3/4 sleeves, a jade disc necklace, and super comfortable "easy spirit" shoes.

Three of my favorite songs: (Only three?)
"I Heard It Through The Grapevine", Marvin Gaye
"The Four Seasons" Vivaldi (ok that's a whole album, but without the disc in front of me I don't know the names of the different sections)
"Running on Empty" Jackson Browne

Three things you want in a relationship:
Honesty, a "give and take" , laughter

Two truths and a lie:
I have been to New Zealand
I have been to Jamaica
I have been to Africa

Three things I can't live without:
books, art, friendship

Three places I want to go on vacation:
Italy, Australia, England

Three things I can't do:
Sing on key, dance with grace, play tennis

Three kids names:
Andrew Scott, Kimberly Danielle, Elizabeth Marie
I used two of these names.

Three things I want to do before I die:
Retire from the day job and become a full time artist.
See my son happy and settled into a life that is fulfilling for him.
Attend my (as yet unknown) granddaughter's wedding.

Three celeb crushes:
Well I have to think back since I don't have any now. Paul Newman in the early 70's, Tom Selleck in the 80s, and probably any handsome actor with a southern accent.

Three favorite musicians (only three?):
James Galway (flautist), Alison Krause (bluegrass), Paul McCartny (needs no explanation). I also like Ray Charles and Bonnie Raitt, but I didn't want to be a copycat.

Three physical things that appeal to you about the opposite sex:
nice eyes, good teeth, masculine looking arms and hands

Three of my favorite hobbies:
Reading, making things, net surfing

Three things I want to do really badly right now:
Sleep, go on vacation to someplace that has a fall season, eat some really good chocolate

Three careers you're considering/have considered:
Writer, teacher, artist. Since I ended up working in a library as my day job, I clearly didn't have the discipline to do any of those other things for a living. However, after I retire, I fully intend to be a full time artist and it won't matter if I make a living at it. No pressure, just the joy of creating. In the meantime, "artist" is still part of how I define myself.

Three ways you are stereotypically a boy:
I don't like shopping for clothes.
I don't cry easily.
I like watching football on TV.

Three ways you are sterotypically a girl:
I don't like bugs.
I am soft spoken.
I love flowers.

Three people I would like to see post this meme.
Anybody that wants to, feel free. I think these are interesting things to think about and fairly easy to come up with.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Jen, I'm so glad you did this one! I loved reading your answers.

PS...I wish I'd thought of Alison Krause for musicians...love her, but just didn't think of her!

PPS...I've got some Scots anscestors too, on my Mom's side...sounds like we're both a pretty typical Appalachian-bred mix.

Debra Dixon said...

You are really missing fall, aren't you? Wait until those northeners complain about the cold winters. . . .