Friday, July 21, 2006

Happy 91st Birthday CR!

This past weekend we celebrated my father-in-law's 91st birthday. He is kind, funny, and thoughtful, a wonderful man. I am grateful to have had him in my life for the past 30 years. As you can see, our photographer had a hard time getting us to focus. The jokes were flying and we were laughing too hard to settle down for a picture. That's my husband in the green shirt standing next to me, and that's my handsome son right behind us. A totally unbiased opinion, of course.

Don't you love the birthday crown? We have used it, or some version of it, for years. Even when we go out to a restaurant, the birthday honoree has to wear it. I remember being mortified the first time I had to wear the crown in public, but over the years I have come to appreciate it. No one sees it without smiling or laughing. Aren't birthday traditions fun?

7 comments:

jenclair said...

What a wonderful celebration! Everyone looks to be having a great time. The Birthday Crown is a terrific idea...I'm putting it on my list of ideas to copy.

C.R. looks mighty good for 91!

Deb R said...

Wow! Happy birthday CR!
I love the crown!

Micki said...

So wonderful to be able to celebrate a 91st birthday. Looks like a great gathering.

Rian said...

How sweet. 91 and still going strong; I love it. And I love the crown idea. Now, where is my tiara...

Gerrie said...

Oh, I love family traditions like this. What a treasure - to have a dad in your life for this long.

Granny Fran said...

Next year we will celebrate Dad's 91 birthday and I want to do a crown for him. Wish I had thought about that this year.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... clomid real estate listing Virgin pissing pussy Knee+pain+relief http://www.freepopupblocker8.info direct email marketing no collateral bad credit personal loans Camcorder battery mtb bike light