Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Interiors/ Exteriors

This beautiful monotype is called "Interiors/Exteriors #5" , and was done by Katherine Chang Liu.

If you can believe it, I have started to post here on three separate occasions with no luck or cooperation from Blogger.

Life is busy and just flows along day to day. As far as I know, everything is fine, no sign of the big C. I am feeling good and making modest progress on my weight loss/ fitness goals. I'm not nearly brave enough to post one of those little charts, but someday in the far, far distant future, maybe you'll get a "before and after" set of photos.

Let's see, last time I posted I was about to go the San Diego Quilt show. I had a great time with my friends and only bought a few batik FQ that
I couldn't live without. That and some paper from "Golden Threads" to mark with quilting designs. I've never used it, but my friend Pam B. swears by it and she has lovely quilts to prove it works for her. About the show, it was a little underwhelming, but I keep in mind that it is a non-juried exhibition. It is a place for local quilting classes to share their work and for quilters of all levels, so what you get are a few knockouts but mostly what you have seen dozens of times before.

I finished quilting the blue, red and yellow quilt I was working on (see previous post), and now I need to bind it. Last Saturday I hosted a sewing day for some family members (sewing and non-sewing) and we made a "Turning Twenty" quilt as a shower gift. A few years back I started a family tradition of making a group quilt for every wedding, and I have learned that it is best to keep it very simple. The fabric is lovely, and I trust my longarm quilting friend to make it into something beautiful.
I chose a rose and vine pattern that I think will be perfect.

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

In many ways simple works as well or even better than complicated for the recipient as well as the worker bees. The thought and the love matter the most. I do like those florals you choose!

~~~Debra (posting as Madonna Gals because I have switched to beta blogger and cannot post with only blogger account as the option.)

Jane Ann said...

When you have such scrumptious fabrics, simple is definitely better. LOVE those colors! What a nice tradition too.

jenclair said...

I'm so glad you are feeling good and making progress on your goals. Attitude is, I think, a major component on recovery and future health. Looking forward to the "before and after" photos.

Gerrie said...

Love the art you shared! Glad you are doing well and busy and creating!