Sunday, May 31, 2009

On the Design Wall

I can't believe May is almost over! Another semester has ended, and things at work have calmed down a bit. I look forward to having a little more time in my studio.
Here's what I am working on right now. Notice the paint chip set in the corner of the design wall below. I am making this quilt for our long time friends who finally decided to get married. When I asked about "colors", this is what they gave me.


Here is the very bright batik quilt in progress with about half the blocks done so far. A simple square in a square design. I don't think the nuances of the batiks are as visible in this picture as they are in person. Bright, I know, but I think it is exactly what they are hoping for.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Perfect! My favorite colors!

Deb Geyer said...

Jenny that is going to be a wonderful quilt. I love how you have combined the chosen colors!

Rian said...

It's delicious! How smart of them to give you chips instead of just naming the colors.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You've got a lovely studio. The colors on the quilt are my favorites as well - beautiful!

jojo said...

What a beautiful quilt. How lucky for your friends. I love the colors. Now you will be able to make your own batik fabric:)