Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Good Morning California!

At about 4:15 am this morning we were awakened by the sound of what seemed like a massive explosion. Everything was shaking, HARD. Then, abruptly, nothing. I wasn't sure if it WAS an explosion (plane crash, terrorists, military accident?) But, of course, it was just an earthquake. No one was hurt, but it certainly was an early morning jolt.

I ran across a wonderful book called "Threads of Faith, Recent Works from the Women of Color Quilters Network". By Carolyn Mazloomi and Patricia C. Pongracz, ISBN 158516773-8. The quality color plates give you a good sense of these beautiful quilts. If you visit this website, be sure and look at Carolyn Mazloomi's gallery. I have borrowed this book from our library, but I might need to buy a copy.

3 comments:

Elle said...

This is a wonderful book and the quilts are gorgeous! I had the pleasure of meeting one of the quilters in it recently (she has the stained glass one) at a local bee's event and she was so nice. I appreciated her taking time out to talk to me and discuss her work, methods, and tools.

Lisa said...

I didn't hear the "explosion", just woke up to the windows rattling and the bed shaking. Such fun. I wonder what causes the sound...

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »