Tuesday, December 06, 2005

'Tis the Season


Well, it's that crazy time of year, lots and lots of holiday activity. I have been busy working on finishing two "gift" quilts, both of which are traditional and both of which need binding (ugh) this week. I am pleased with them, though, because I know they are just right for the recipients. I am also making some small ornaments to be enclosed with gifts. (sorry, no pictures, have to keep that surprise factor).

It's been really, really cold at night (seriously, it hit the 30's last night), but nice during the day, highs in the 60's or low 70's. I truly love California at this time of year, crisp fresh air, bright sunshine, and no snow unless I decide to go visit it.

This weekend I will be attending two parties and I'm excited about both of them. There's another at work next week. It's dawning on me that I have nothing festive to wear, maybe an after work shopping trip is in order? I hate shopping for clothes when my weight is up, but I think I need to bite the bullet. If I were as amazingly talented as Lisa, (or some of the rest of you) I would make something stunning to wear, but that's not going to happen. I don't want to invest a lot of money in a big size, so this will be a real challenge.

I see that some people are working on exercises from "Color and Composition" by Katie Pasquini Masopust, and I hope I can find the time to join in. Aside from holiday prep, there's that pesky day job cutting into my available time. I might have to do this in January after things slow down.

Hope everyone is having fun with their holiday prep. 'Tis the season.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I resist shopping for clothes when I feel like I am out of my normal size too.

One of the things we will be doing in the Quilter's Lounge in Jan is refocusing on exercise and food choices. You may want to join us for the support.

(I am eating chocolate birthday cake as I type! the days of reckless eating are numbered. . . )

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Ladies long wool coats for winter http://www.kim-possible-hentai.info/shaved_pussy_pics_for_free.html delonghi toaster oven xr640 Herbs de provence chicken breast oven