Saturday, February 14, 2009

More Quilt pictures

It's been a while since our Quilter's Christmas party, but you might remember that I had some camera problems and only got a few photos. I was finally able to get some more pictures from my friend Kathy, so I will share the rest a few at a time. Above is Kathy with her new bright on black quilt, made by Nancy. Nancy loves anything as long as it is orange or yellow, so this is a quilt true to her personality. Fortunately, Kathy also loves the bright colors.

And here is my friend Barbara admiring the quilt made for her by Kathy. A contemporary take on the log cabin, very fresh and spring like with those pretty greens and floral applique.

And last but not least, here is one of my absolute favorites, made by Barbara. I doubt you can see the detail, but the quilting in the "blank" space below is a repeat of the design above. The quilting is gorgeous, and I would love to have it on MY wall.

On the home front, I have been clomping about in my boot, healing gradually. It is not too painful, at least nothing that a couple of Tylenol now and then can't handle. I am very tired at the end of the work day, and I miss my workouts. I have been a few times to Curves, but I am able to do only about three machines (upper body and abs). Not nearly as much fun. In the sewing room, I am working on a cheerful baby quilt to donate to Debra's cause, and also doing some cutting for a "use the scraps" quilt. I have been getting up an hour earlier in order to spend time working on my projects, and it makes a very nice start to my day.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

dee said...

First let me say I'm sorry you hurt yourself and hope you're healing fast!
Thanks for stopping by Jen. I just love seeing these wonderful quilts that you all make for each other. What a talented group of women.
Take care-the lving room will wait-Lord knows it has around here for an equal amount of time. I needed to paint about 2 years ago.

Debra Dixon said...

Love all 3 quilts! such wonderful, different personalities shown through the stitching.

DebbyMc said...

LOVE the circle quilt! Well, actually they are all great, but that one is especially so =-) Are you enjoying our winter? I sure am =-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a lovely day in your sewing room.

Jussara Machado said...

Desculpem-me por escrever em portugues, mas desde que descobri o missouriquiltco.com, passei a ser visita periódica. Não sei falar sua língua, mas isso não me impediu de relatar aqui o quanto adoro vcs. Admiro muito seus trabalhos, e aprendo muito com vcs.
Então, muito obrigada por tudo, e deixo aqui muitos beijos para todas
Jussara
www.artesanatogatosmimados.blogsppot.com