Sunday, June 19, 2005
I spent Friday and part of Saturday painting fabric. I used setacolor and acryllic both, which I have done before, but I tried to get a lot more surface texture. More drybrush, different painting tools and so on. After the fabric was dry, I cut it up and started on this project. I love the painterly texture and I think it is a lot different than what I have done before. The composition (see below) seemed a little rigid, so I am adding more surface elements, which is why you see little squares pinned on in the closeup. I am not liking the solid section that bisects the piece, but I think am going to add more solid places for your eye to rest.
I love doing this because it is more like the painting I used to do. I think that instead of trying to imitate the dyed look when painting fabric, I will do more in this vein. I have a lot of ideas I am anxious to try. There is no stitching yet, and I am not finished with the composition. I think there will be some major revisions. Stay tuned.
Hope you all had as much fun this weekend as I did!