Thursday, February 02, 2006

Artist's Books

I know at least a few of you are interested in or make "altered books". As a rather large part of what I do for a living, I repair books. Nothing rare or special, just regular books that circulate and are much used by our students. From me they get glued hinges, new spines, spanking new end papers or tipped in pages. This is far, far less interesting than the "book art" which always facinates me. Someday I will make the leap. In the meantime, I read about it and try to learn what I can. Check out this book artist's blog. Amazing and fun work.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for that link. My boys will love that dinosaur book!

Karen Hatzigeorgiou said...

Hi Jenny,
I have a web site where I share the altered books I've made. Maybe you'd enjoy taking a look at my Altered Books Gallery and my blog, Artful Journey. Thanks for sharing all you do.

Judith Hoffman said...

Hi Jenny, I want to encourage you to try something in the book arts realm. You must be very tuned in to the form of books, since you work with them a lot. Just for fun, no pressure! What about a cloth book?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Fire alarm pull station covers Neophyte songtext army of hardcore riskiest capital market security health insurance plan in california flash greeting cards creator history of highest credit scores love doll sex gallery http://www.high-risk-merchant-account-8.info/Lipitorcrohns.html Cuisinart two to go coffee maker ttg 500 delta kitchen faucet