Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas






It's been a heck of a week, work wise. End of semester is a little crazy at the library, procrastinators rushing to get materials for last minute projects and everyone else returning their books all at once. I am usually well behind the scenes and working at a sane pace, but this week I have been helping out elsewhere. At day's end I am done in.

I do love a house "dressed for Christmas", so I am sharing a few pictures. Most of my decorating gets done the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but the "tweaking" and arranging goes on for a while.

I guess this is as good a WIP as any. I do have an actual quilt I am trying to finish, a gift for someone who shall remain unnamed. That person will be completely surprised if all goes well. The Christmas exchange quilt is still at the quilter's, so that remains to be bound when I get it back. It's a little crazy, but I love this time of year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Christmasy house helps put me in the mood. I've done nothing so far, but the time has come to prepare. Thanks for sharing all your lovely pictures of your house all dressed up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your decorations are lovely. I bought my tree today and I'm looking forward to getting out my seasonal decorations.

Micki said...

Your decorations are beautiful and your tree looks great. Things are coming together here at my house too.

laura west kong said...

beautiful decorations! I have one of those Jim Shore nativity sets too.

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are beautiful, I am still working on mine, I need to finish two quilt projects as part of them.

Anonymous said...

Seeing all these quilters with such beautiful home decorations makes me sad I don't own hardly any. (Real good, English, huh?) But yours look great! I'll have to remember that : "A house dressed for Christmas".

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are so festive! I love the pine paneling. It reminds me of my Grandmother's house.Looks like you decorate like I do...a country Christmas. Can't wait to see your "mystery" gift!