Friday, December 29, 2006

Wassily Kandinsky, 1866- 1944

We've all seen this one.

Farbstudie Quadrate, c.1913

How about these?

Yellow, Red, Blue 1925; Oil on canvas, 127x200cm; Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris


Fragment 2 for Composition VII 1913 (180 Kb); Oil on canvas, 87.5 x 99.5 cm (34 1/2 x 39 1/4 in); Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY

Don't you love blogs? We can go from the mundane (yesterday's post) to the sublime (today's art). I've been meaning to get back to a regularly scheduled "artist" post but I've just been overwhelmed with...well, the mundane. You may already be very familiar with this artist's work, but treat yourself to a little visual exploration here.

9 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I like a little mundane with my art!

Kim said...

Art makes life a little less mundane - I know it lifts me up! Yep, Kandinsky definitely one of my favorites.

DebbyMc said...

I gave my (SDSU art major) daughter a Kandinsky calendar for Christmas. He is one of my faves, as is his cohort Paul Klee...Both put me in mind of children's ability to play in any medium...

dee said...

I particularly like Comp 5 & 8. In 8 he seems to be a little lighter in spirit. Controlled chaos. Thanks for the visual treats & Happy New Year

laura west kong said...

Thanks for the virtual art show! The colors are great!!!
laura

Anonymous said...

I love some Kandinsky on a gloomy December day - thanks!

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

You might enjoy Alfred Gockel. http://www.gockelfineart.com/

Virgi said...

Vassily Kandinsky is and will be my favourit artist. I love the colours he used!
Thank you for your comment in my blog.

I wish you a happy 2007!

Liz Plummer said...

Thank you for the bright colours! I like Kandinsky too, and yes, I have a postcard of that circles one!!