Friday, December 28, 2007

Brrr

It was a little bit chilly this morning. This was outside in our sheltered breezeway at about 8:00 in the morning, so you know it was even colder overnight. I know that if you live someplace where the mercury REALLY drops, you are thinking "wimps". You are right.


Fortunately, the stuff we grow in the yard was ok for the most part. We can survive a little frost. Looks like we can still make lemon rosemary chicken. Those little tangerines are Clementines, and they are delicious. We also have other varieties of oranges and tangelos, but they won't be ready for at least another month or two.


Here's a glimpse of what I have been up to. I've really enjoyed having a few days off, and have been fiddling with a new piece. We'll see where this goes. Even if it goes nowhere, its great to have time to get lost in color and fabric.

We had a beautiful Christmas, enjoying the company of visiting family and sharing delicious meals. I loved seeing each decorated home, so warm and festive. I usually take down and pack up the Christmas decor on New Year's Day, but this year it will stay up a little longer. Andy will be home to visit on Jan 9th, so we will have another Christmas celebration when he is here.

Today there is more fun in store. Diane and I are going to spend the day shopping, lunching, and walking down by the water. It may be chilly, but we will bundle up and enjoy the crisp air and beautiful colors of sky and ocean.

2 comments:

Granny Fran said...

It is currently 34 degrees here at 4 pm. and the Clementines in my bowl were definitely not grown in my snowy yard. "California Dreamin'on such a wintry day."
I like the fabrics you are working with, looks similar to what I used for my daughter's bargello quilt.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Yup, cold for you and my 28 yesterday was WAY cold for me in Tucson!! I want my 100's back!

Can't wait to see the outcome of your work, looks yummy.